Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Little Sweetness


Strawberry season is finally here.  Several batches of honey sweetened jam are preserved, aw well as some dehydrated and some saved in the freezer.  This year I hope to have enough to last us through the winter.  A bit of strawberry jam in the cold months is a reminder that warm weather will be on its way!  Preserving a seasons harvest is work.  I certainly feel that I put in more hours than I would for a full time job!  But it is definitely worth the taste of freshly preserved produce all year long.  It is a treat we can enjoy in addition to the butter on our pancakes!

This is a journey, and often a struggle, finding ways to feed my family nourishing food on our modest income.  I hope to record my budget saving ideas and tips I find along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment